Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Anybody want a cloth map for their campaign world?

I ask because zazzle.com will let you put your graphic on a towel and that ought to get the job done.  I've wanted a cloth map of a campaign world of mine going back to when I opened my shiny new copy of Ultima IV.  I was blown away by the cloth map that came with that game (still my favorite computer rpg).  Over the past couple of days I've tried to figure out why, besides the tactile experience of the clothness of the map, I find that map so aesthetically pleasing.  Here are my findings so far (click to embiggen):

 

Overall, I'd say it compares quite favorably to the original map for the TSR boardgame Divine Right, which I'd peg as the best hexmap I've seen for tabletop fantasy adventures.  Pity the hexes aren't numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment